Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Point revisited....

Well, the tulips decided to bloom at Thanksgiving Point, so my mom invited whoever could go to revisit the gardens about two weeks ago. Jared and his family (Jaime, Chandler, and Preston) and Julie and Mason came a long for the ride. The flowers were spectacular but hard to enjoy because, being a new mom, I had not been properly trained in sunscreen application. I avoided putting sunscreen around Tyson's eyes, but neglected to note the amount I put on the back of his hands. He made one eye rub, and then it was over. Rubbing them continually made it worse and worse. He cried the entire time, and couldn't open his eyes. His little face was red with white streaks of sunscreen tears. I felt so bad!!! We tried to flush it out, but it was never ending sunscreen eye . I still don't think he's forgiven me. :) He eventually calmed down by the end and managed to destroy some tulips along the way. (oops!) Here are some pictures anyways.


Mason and Tyson by the Italian gardens


Julie taking pictures


Uncle Jared with Tyson. (Saving my sanity!)


Look mom! These red things come off! (I'm screaming, AHHH!!!)

Chandler, Mason, and Tyson using their favorite snap shot techniques. (Which means they look away the minute my finger snaps the picture)

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Poor guy. That sunscreen will get you every time! Looks like he managed to have some fun anyway. The tulips are gorgeous! I'm totally jealous you go to see them and I didn't! (why do we live in this oven again)? :)