Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nay saying...

My brother was kind enough to send us a quote today that was very poignant for some situations that are going on in Dev's and my personal lives at the moment. Between work and friend problems, we've had our fair share for the week. Here's the quote:

It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't
worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the
end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence
in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us.
If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live
worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.

Gordon B. Hinckley, Quoted in "Facing the Future with Hope" by Lowell M.
Snow. Ensign, December 2007, 48-51.


Thanks Matt (and President Hinckley)... for reminding me that it isn't as bad as I think it is. I tend to be a "Dooms Dayer" when things don't go as planned and always imagine the worst, but in reality, nothing is really that bad.

1 comment:

:: ashley :: said...

very good quote, and i love your family pic! beautiful family :)