Sunday, May 23, 2010

Strawberry fields

There is a huge U-pick strawberry field near us that is in season from January to July. (I don't think we're in Utah anymore Toto...). The Strawberries were perfectly sweet and delicious as you can tell from the picture. The funny story for the day began when Tyson mentioned he had to use the restroom. We walked over to nearest port-a-potty, and I reached my hand forward to open the door for him. "Here ya go," I said. In my adult mind I think that he will walk in, do his thing, and we'll return to fields. I neglected to think like a 3-year old who had never seen a port-a-potty, and when I turned my head, I see Tyson with his pants down in front of some wild flowers, and his boyhood flying in the prevailing winds. "Ahh!" I scream, as the 30 or so Japanese tourists in the fields start snapping pictures of my nude child like it's going out of style... I quickly pull up his pants and toss him into the "john". Needless to say, we had a lot of fun, and got extremely messy. Holly enjoyed herself the most, I think. We made freezer jam later that night. Yum!





4 comments:

Beth said...

Yummy!

Jennifer said...

That strawberry field is amazing! I've never seen anything like that! Holly looks like a berry!

Bob and Danya said...

ooooo, we may have to do that too when we come! :) That looks like a blast! I would love to bring a bunch home. How much fun can we cram into 4 days? :)

:: ashley :: said...

yum! looks like you guys are having fun! thanks for dropping all that stuff off at our house!