Monday, May 17, 2010

Southern California

We've finally arrived!!
Here is a list of firsts:
1. First time living outside of "the bubble"
2. First time trying to figure out how the heck to do my hair in humid climate
3. First time, in a year, sleeping in a room without a baby in my closet...
4. First time traveling with a potty trained kid. I kid you not, we pulled over on the side of the freeway FIVE times in the first hour of driving to let the kid pee...
5. In reference to #4, first time denying my child any sort of liquid for the period of 9 hours. "No, you are not drinking anymore apple juice! We're never going to get there at the rate of your bladder!"
6. First time living in a gated community
7. First time asking a stranger at 8:30 AM, "Hi, my son has locked us out of both of our bedrooms, and my husband is in a towel and has to be to his first day of work in 20 minutes. Can you help?" Tyson learned that the lock has to be horizontal not vertical, so as not to get in trouble. We eventually got the doors open with a wire hanger and a credit card.
8. First Sunday dinner alone in a very long time. (It was very lonely...)
9. First California sunburn from Sea World!! Woot Woot!


The San Diego Temple. (it's under construction, so Dev decided to hide it behind a tree)



Holly's Sea World experience


Elmo ride at Sea World

7 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, I can't believe you are there! It's like you are a REAL grown up now. I already miss you like crazy :)

Jaime said...

Sounds fun! We miss you guys! P.S. I recommend a lot of ponytails and buns for the next few months. :)

Julie Hemmert said...

So how long did it take you to get there total? Including bathroom stops? I am a little envious. You get an entire summer of vacation! have fun!

The Gibbs said...

how many times have you cried? don't worry, things will settle. glad you got there safe. we'd love to come out sometime...where exactly are you living?

Mara said...

Aww! You forgot to take me with you!

Bob and Danya said...

Next time you go on a long trip, take an empty water bottle/bathroom for Tyson's bladder! LOL! (don't ask me how I know this works with little boys).... Glad you're there safe and sound!

Lindsey Killpack Judd said...

Sounds like quite the adventure. You knew that's what you wanted...just so you'd have great stories to tell us.:)