Monday, October 17, 2011

My first big furniture project

My parents are remodeling, so they are getting rid of a lot of their old furniture. This was my Grandma's hutch when my mom was little. Even though I have no place to put it yet, I'm super excited to place it when I get my own kitchen/dining room or whatever. I decided to do white paint and black glaze to bring out the cool yellow bottle windows. I repainted the hardware with black spray paint. I lined the background with foam board and fabric so I can change it depending on my mood.. ha ha! I'm questioning the heavy black design and might change it to a lighter red and white or a blue and white pattern. We'll see. It is super easy and cheap to switch out.




2 comments:

Travis said...

You can definitely be my new "grunt". Looks awesome!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! That turned out great! I love that you kept the original glass, too cool! Great job Heidi!