Sunday, August 22, 2010

The USS Midway

The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier named after the famous battle if Midway in WWII and it is parked in the San Diego Harbor. It's full of twisted hallways, crazy stairs, old planes. and war-story-telling veterans. We knew it was going to be cool and full of planes but we had no idea it was going to take us 4 hours just to walk through the thing!! It was a long day, but it was so worth it.


I told Tyson to try and lift the chain. I know I totally set him up for failure. He sure tried hard!


I found some men sleeping in the barracks... (After a tour as long as this one I wish I was lying down too!)


Fighter jet, convertible style


Is that Radar from MASH?


This is inside a really big helicopter.

2 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

Fun stuff! Can't wait to see all the pics from the rest of your summer! Keep up the bloggin'!

Mara said...

Yeaaaah! You posted! Looks like fun!