Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyson!

Tyson turned three years old today. We celebrated with my family yesterday and he opened a bunch of awesome books, and some really cool Word World toys. (Jaime, I have to tell you, he's been pretending to "build a word" all day today. He lines up the animal letters on the table, sings the song, does a little dance around the table and then puts the letters together. He LOVES them!)

Today, he's been walking around all day with three fingers in the air and telling everyone it's his birthday. I made him pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse for breakfast and then he helped me make his birthday cake. I kind of went crazy on the cake because I found some awesome cake molds in my mom's garage that hadn't even been opened yet. So I made a Devil's food chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and homemade butter cream frosting. all in the shape of a baseball with red licorice stitches. It was really fun and tasted awesome. He was so excited about the baseball cake, he couldn't sleep for his nap. I told him we couldn't eat it until daddy got home from school, so he wrapped himself up in a blanket and waited for Devin on the front porch as long as a 2-year old...excuse me...3-year old possibly could until boredom kicked in. Grandma and Grandpa Spann hopped over for a bite of dinner, some cake, and some presents (BYU sporting goods, an invitation to Pirate Island, Peter Rabbit, and The Tales of Beatrix Potter on DVD) then they came bowling with us.




Watching Tyson bowl is one of my favorite things. With a 6 pound ball in his arms he waddles up to the bowling lane. He then heaves the ball as hard as he can and kicks it after it rolls down his leg. It takes about 5 minutes for the ball to reach the pins, but he gets so excited when he knocks some down. He started lying down to watch his ball meander it's way down the lane. If it looks like the ball is stopped in the above picture, it's probably because it is...




We love you Tyson, and keep being the stud that you are!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is an awesome cake Heidi. You get good Mom points for that one! If you saw the horrible cake I made for Mark's second birthday you would just cry.

Julie Hemmert said...

Not only was the cake incredible looking but tasted good too! Thanks for the cake today! Happy Birthday Tyson. You are awesome! We need to go bowling sometime. Mason has never been. :)

Mara said...

YAY! Tell Tyson I said happy birthday! I wish I was there to celebrate it with you! So does Tyson love "Word World" more than "Super Y" now?

Beth said...

Oh Happy Birthday Tyson! I can't believe you have a 3 year old- crazy!

Dacia said...

Happy Birthday Dude! Sorry we missed it! Hope you had a good time. Love you, Dacia

Bob and Danya said...

Awesome cake! Great job on that! Mom & Dad said that watching Tyson bowl was hysterical. I can see by the pictures that they were telling the truth! So funny! Happy birthday little guy!

Cricket said...

Wow, three years old! You guys are such a beautiful family! We miss you!