Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Disney Thanksgiving!

We had the opportunity to watch my nieces clog at Disneyland over Thanksgiving weekend. For three days we were at the park from 8 AM until 11 PM. Luckily our hotel was close enough and my parents were kind enough to take Tyson back to the hotel with them a couple of times when he needed a break from all of the fun. But in reality he was great and loved everything (except for the whole waiting in line part.)

Tyson's quotable quotes:

After Fantasmic: "Do it again!? See Mickey Magics?" (as Devin's tearing up...)
While waiting patiently for the carousel: "Tyson's turn? Tysons TURN!!"
Name of horse on carousel: "I'm riding Paco." ( This is Devin's doing)

Favorite moments:
1. Tyson singing himself to sleep in his crib, "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh." Which was his favorite ride.
2. Riding Matterhorn during the fire works show. That ride is super scary at night!!
3. Playing at Disneyland with my parents and my sister's family. I was super proud of my parents!! They totally went on the scary rides!
4. The fake snow blizzards by It's a small world. I'll admit it, I totally teared up...
5. Disneyland at Christmas!!!
6. The Blue Bayou! Yum!
7. Seeing Disneyland through a 2 year old.


The Blue Bayou of awesomeness. The only opening they had was at 9 at night!!


I somehow managed to catch the worst picture possible in front of It's a Small World.
Sorry Guys....


Hugging Mr. Toad. Tyson loved this ride.

Hitting the town with my nieces and the boys


My little boys on the carousel... I don't know if this is ride number 6 or 7




The submarine ride. I've never been on it before... The line wasn't worth it, but it was still really cool.


After Winnie the Pooh with cousins Mara and Jeffrey.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Super fun!! We got to go to Disneyland with my parents last year around this time. It was so much fun! But it sounds like Tyson had a much better time than Evan...we had to drag him literally kicking and screaming onto almost every ride! (I am not kidding...we have the photos to prove it!) Maybe next time we go he will be a little more excited! Glad you guys had fun! I loved the pics! Oh, Heidi, my mom is the principal at Shelly Elementary in AF and she thinks that, if you guys are still there, Tyson will be in their boundaries and will go to her school! Such a small world!

Lindsey Killpack Judd said...

I can't believe you took Tyson to Disney. You are better parents than we are...I think it would be a nightmare. What did you do with him when you went on the "big people" rides? I'm so glad that you had such a good time. I gives me courage that WHEN we take our kids that we'll have fun. Such a cute family!

The Gibbs said...

so fun! you look stinkin' skinny...

Bryndee Slade said...

Im jealous, I wanna go so bad! Is the blue bayou in Pirates? I have always wanted to eat there. What's good? I just realised you cant reply. email me bryndees@gmail.com and ill invite you to view my blog.

Stacey said...

Heidi! I somehow came across your blog and I'm so happy I did! Your fam is so cute. I have always loved the whole Hemmert clan. We need to get together next time we get down to Utah!

Natty said...

Heidi I found you on Stacey K's blog, I was so excited to see what your up to. Congrats on the pregnancy. I am actually due July 7th, with my 2nd same time!!

Mara said...

That was such a fun experiance!!

Bob and Danya said...

Yay! Disney at Christmas Rocks!!! I cna't believe you rode the carousel that much! We didn't even go on it once. I totally forgot it was even there (even though we walked around it numerous times). LOL! Glad you had such a blast!